Θεσσαλονίκη: Ένα διεθνές ταξίδι πάνω στη γυάλινη σφαίρα του μεγάρου Στάιν. Η πλ. Ελευθερίας, τα πρώτα πολυκαταστήματα της ανατολικής Μεσογείου και οι σφαίρες σε κτίρια διεθνώς.

Useful Information for English speaking Visitors (more pictures inside): Building of  ~1908 that still exists in Liberty square, Thessaloniki. Built and used from an Jewish - Austrian company named "Stein's Oriental Stores Limited", that offered high quality central European products in the former cosmopolitan cities of the Eastern Mediterranean sea. It was remarkably modern for it's era and area and one of the few that survived the big fire of 1917. Despite this the newer Greeks destroyed the original design of the building and from the great old copula - roof, only the higher part with the rare green glass globe still exists. The article also contains all the information found for the Stein's Company and the other first European department stores  in the eastern Mediterranean and exclusive analysis for the decorative use of globes on old buildings worldwide.

Το 200 ετών σπίτι του ζεύγους Κοκοβίκου στην Πλάκα και η δε γυνή να φοβήται το... Τ.Α.Ι.ΠΕ.Δ.!

Κάτω από την Ακρόπολη και κοντά στο μνημείο Λυσικράτους. Η ιστορία ενός παμπάλαιου προ-νεοκλασικού κτιρίου της Τουρκοκρατίας, που χρησιμοποιήθηκε σε μια από τις καλύτερες και δημοφιλέστερες ελληνικές ταινίες. Useful Information for English speaking Visitors (more pictures inside): Building in Athens, Plaka, Tripodon 32 street (an ancient street). Built before the liberation from Turks,  in the early years of 19th century, housed the Turkish military command. Α typical building of it' s time for the region, with "gradual development of various buildings around a communal yard". It is "famous" in Greece as it was used in a great popular classic film of 1965. The rest old poor buildings from the later neoclassical era were demolished before decades, and in 2000-2010 the main building was renovated. An ​​excavation in the yard discovered ancient public toilets (mainly). Today it is for sale by the Greek state because of the crisis...

Αίγιο: Ο μετεωρολογικός σταθμός - δημοτικό κυλικείο.
Ο σπάνιος πύργος στολίδι της πλατείας Ψηλά Αλώνια.

Το κτίριο στολίδι - σύμβολο της πόλης του Αιγίου. Σπανιότατο μικρού μεγέθους δείγμα του ρυθμού του στην Ελλάδα. Useful Information for English speaking Visitors (more pictures inside): The "tower" at Psila Alonia square, Egio (Aegio) town, near Patras city, Greece. Rare in Greece, small, new-gothic, new-medieval construction. Built ~1900 (a golden era for the town) to be used as meteorological station and cafe. Today is the trade mark building of Egio. It belongs to the municipality. It has been restored recently and remains a popular cafe.

Παλαιό Φάληρο, τα "Λουτρά Φρύνης" (πιθ. δημόσια λουτρά)

Ένα πολύ ιδιόμορφο κτίριο, από τα ελάχιστα που γλίτωσαν στην κάποτε ονειρική παράκτια ζώνη ανάμεσα στο Δέλτα Φαλήρου και το στρογγυλό κτίριο του Φλοίσβου, η οποία μετά το 1970 έχει αλλοιωθεί σε σοκαριστικό βαθμό. Useful Information for English speaking Visitors (more pictures inside): Rare, new-byzantine rhythm, former public hot sea baths or/and hotel (spa of old ages) named "Phryne baths", at the coast of Paleo Faliro, Athens. Built probably between 1910 -1920, has been restored at the end of  '90s , when it was destroyed internally for commercial use (modern offices). The point where the building is located had a completely different image mostly like an island until 1970, with the sea few meters in front of to the buildings. Generally, Paleo Faliro was a calm rural area that was famous for it's clean sea, full of western type, stone made villas and tower-houses. Very fιew of them still exist.

Άλλα σχετικά: "Λιβιστόνα η Kινέζικη", ένας ιδιαίτερος φοίνικας που στόλιζε παλιούς κήπους, σπανιότατος σήμερα.

Λεπτομέρειες για ένα λεπτόκορμο φοίνικα των νεοκλασικών κήπων. Tα ελάχιστα φυτά που υπάρχουν σήμερα.
Useful Information for English speaking Visitors (more pictures inside): Article for Livistona Chinensis - chinese fan palm, that was imported and planted in many neoclassical gardens in Greece. Today only some plants exist in Athens national garden, Paleo Faliro coast, Corfu and Lesvos islands. (Additionally we refer that only 2 Braheas Armatas, Mexican fan palms, exist in Athens garden and Lesvos island).

Κηφισιά, η παραμυθένια έπαυλις "Χρυσάνθεμον", όπως ήταν αρχικά, φέροντας σχεδόν όλα τα είδη διακοσμητικών!

Μια από τις ωραιότερες επαύλεις νεοκλασικού ρυθμού στην Κηφισιά και όχι μόνο, όπως ήταν στην αυθεντική, "βαριά", διακοσμητική της μορφή. Useful Information for English speaking Visitors (more pictures inside): Old postcards and photos that present the existing villa "Chrysanthemum" in Kifisia, Athens, as it was with it's original "heavy", Greek neoclassical decoration. Built in 1890 for Ioannis Lamprou. Passed to Nikolaos Trikoupis in 1918. Used as psychiatric clinic at the 50's. Abandoned  and stealing of many decorations ~1965. Restored ~1995 in a way that today looks like a totally new building.

Αρχείο: Το ζυθεστιατόριον "Μπαρ" του Π. Φαλήρου δίπλα από το Φλοίσβο. Άφησε εποχή, αλλά το "πήρε" πρόωρα η παραλιακή.

Παρουσιάζουμε το άγνωστο σήμερα "αδελφάκι" του σωζόμενου Φλοίσβου.
Useful Information for English speaking Visitors (more pictures inside): One of the first buildings at Paleo Faliro, Athens coast, Greece. Made as residence at first (~1875 - 1885), it became one of the first and very popular bar restaurants of Athens (~1903 -1925). It was on the coast avenue of today beside the old building of Flisvos and this is the reason that it was early demolished (~1925 - 1930).

Φλοίσβος, ζυθεστιατόριον "LUNA PARK PLATON". Tο κτίριο σύμβολο του Π. Φαλήρου. Ένα κέντρο διασκέδασης 100 ετών, σήμερα... πολιτιστικό κέντρο. Η άγνωστη ιστορία και η διαχρονική αλλοίωση του.

Ίσως το πιο γνωστό κτίριο του Παλαιού Φαλήρου. Η αναπάντεχη δυσκολία εντοπισμού στοιχείων για αυτό, η ενδιαφέρουσα πορεία του στο χρόνο, οι τεράστιες αλλοιώσεις της εικόνας του και το παράδοξο της αλλαγής χρήσης του. Useful Information for English speaking Visitors (more pictures inside): The round building "Flisvos", by the sea - trade mark of Paleo Faliro (Athens coast). One of the first, very well known buildings of the area that had been used temporal (1903-2005) as a successful bar - restaurant ("Luna Park Platon" and after ~1925 "Flisvos"). It's strange that after 2005 that it belongs to the municipality, is used only as a modern civilization center with no cafe on it's yard for example. The building was neoclassical until ~1925. Since then all the restorations have nothing to do with the original.

Αρχείο: Βίλλα "Ακριβή", ο μεσοπολεμικός πύργος στον οποίο οφείλεται η ονομασία της Ριζούπολης και "τακτοποίησε" ο Μέγας Ευάγγ. Βενιζέλος...

Η καταγεγραμμένη απίστευτη ιστορία του αρχιτεκτονικά και ιστορικά σημαντικού κτιρίου και το χρονικό της απαράδεκτης κατεδάφισής του. Useful Information for English speaking Visitors (more pictures inside): Rare building of 1924 that combined elements of 3 rhythms (the older westεrn type at the roof, the eclectic and the most modern - simple of it' s age 1924, at the rest). Especially after the Athens earthquake of 1999 it had serious problems and the ministry of culture protected it as monument. Finally at 2002 it was demolished, after a wired personal intervention of minister Venizelos (and propably an objection of owners that wanted to get rid of it).

Πειραιάς: H Γούβα Βάβουλα και τo μοναδικό κτίριο του Κηρομύτη (3ο δημοτικό σχολείο), με τα "ευρωπαϊκού" τύπου αετώματα και τις σπάνιες πήλινες γιρλάντες

Ένα από τα πιο ιδιόμορφα κτίρια του Πειραιά, στο οποίο σώζονται πλήρως οι σπάνιες πλέον κεραμικές γιρλάντες των αετωμάτων και η ενδιαφέρουσα ιστορία του. Useful Information for English speaking Visitors (more pictures inside): Building at the neighborhood "Pit of Vavoulas", Pireus. The area name comes from a family named Vavoulas (descendants an admiral of the Greek revolution of 1821, from Chios) that bought a huge land there to build their villa. Soon (around 1850) they started to sell parts of it. According to the most real scenario this building belonged to the family of Kiromitis and was used as a company for washing ship apparel and other ship services. Their last son that lived there  became one of the first and best musicians of bouzouki (started around 1920). His first disc at 1937 had a song with the name of the neighborhood. 1934 - today the building is used as school. Ιt  has an unusual most "western" style pediments that are decorated by authentic, very rare, Greek neoclassical ceramic pediment garlands.

Αρχείο: Το ξεχασμένο κέντρο Catina (Κατίνα) στον Μπάτη του Παλαιού Φαλήρου

Ένα από τα μάλλον μεσοπολεμικά κέντρα του Παλαιού Φαλήρου, ξεχασμένο από παλιούς και νέους.
Useful Information for English speaking Visitors (more pictures inside): Screenshots from a greek movie (1969) that present an old cafe bar at the coast of Paleo Faliro, Athens. A simple modern construction of the 30's, demolished around 1975 for uknown reasons.

Λαϊκή αίσθηση από την Πλάκα και επιβλητικότητα από την λεωφόρο Αμαλίας, συνδυασμένα σε κτίριο του 1881

Ένα γνωστό τριώροφο κτίριο ανάμεσα σε Μακρυγιάννη - Πλάκα - πύλη του Αδριανού.
Useful Information for English speaking Visitors (more pictures inside): Residence between the areas of Makriyiannis, Plaka and the gate of Adrianos (17 Lysikratous street). A well known building for the Athenians, built in 1881, that combines the neoclassical folk -simple style of Plaka with the most imposive - heavy of the Amalias avenue.

Ακτή Δηλαβέρη: Οικία Αξελού - "Ναυτικόν Γυμνάσιον". Το δράμα ενός κτιρίου συμβόλου του 1880 της Καστέλλας, που από αγαθή πρόθεση κληροδοτήθηκε στο ΤΣΜΕΔΕ και κατέληξε να καεί, μετά από 50 χρόνια πλήρους εγκατάλειψης!

Ένα άρθρο που αξίζει να διαβάσετε και δείχνει έναν από τους τρόπους, που πολλά σπουδαία κτίρια οδηγήθηκαν στην καταστροφή. 
Useful Information for English speaking Visitors (more pictures inside): Axelos family house (1880) in Pireus, Kastella, Dilaveri coast. The building had been used as navy school around the middle of 20th century, until around 1964 that the last owner died and left it to an insurance fund of civil engineers (the husband of the last owner was a well known civil engineer - architect that had built the big railway station of Pireus around 1929. Since then (almost 50 years) the building stayed totally abandoned and unprotected, until 2011 when a fire totally destroyed it...

Η ιστορία δύο Πειραιώτικων μπαλούστρων, που γλίτωσαν την οριστική καταστροφή...

Πως δύο μπαλούστρα βρέθηκαν θαμμένα μέσα στα μπάζα, συντηρήθηκαν και επαναχρησιμοποιήθηκαν για διακόσμηση, λίγο πριν σαπίσουν εκεί και χαθούν για πάντα.
Useful Information for English speaking Visitors (more pictures inside): Two balusters, found barried in the ruins of an almost totally destroyed, single-floor house, in Pireus. The balusters are of the most "modern" of the greek neoclassical designs of balusters, mostly used in the area of Pireus and islands.